Tuesday, December 18, 2012

25 Days of Christmas 2012 - December 18th......Chestnuts & Frosties

I know, I know.....this is supposed to be a SCRAPBOOKING blog! But hey, anyone who knows me will tell you that at this time of year, I can usually be found in the kitchen!

So here's my take on "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...."


It's WAY too hot here in Sydney, Australia to be roasting chestnuts! So I've made red velvet cupcakes with chestnut icing. Simply mix equal parts of whipped cream and sweetened chestnut puree and pipe onto your cupcakes. Easy and so yummy! And of course I've sprinkled some white Wilton's sugar pearls on them. They're just my favourite cake sprinkle at the moment!! And the baking cups / cupcake liners you see are Wilton's Decadent Baking Cups. I just love the traditional red and gold theme on these.

And heres my "Frosty the....not really a snowman..!!.." lol...



Red velvet cupcakes with whipped cream and chocolate ganache.

So - how many cups of tea do I need to make..?..

Aunty Vera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...