Monday, December 19, 2016

A Month of Christmas Crafting 2017 - Christmas Postcards with Sarah

Hello Happy Crafters... how is your Christmas countdown going?
Me - I'm still experiencing that fabulous adrenaline rush of last minute Christmas card making....lol... so it's always great to find inspiration along the way. And Sarah's Christmas postcards are just that! Enjoy!!




I always get so flustered making cards, so thing year I thought I’d do something different and make Christmas postcards! I know that it’s essentially the same thing, but something about doing a postcard instead of a greeting card sets my creativity off.



I used old book pages as the base for all of them, and inked around the edges. For the first one I stamped a wreath directly onto the book page and coloured it using water colour paints. I stamped ‘Merry Christmas’ on some red card stock and cut and layered it with the green to create a little banner, before stamping a decorative border on each of the corners - the stamp was actually the top of a Christmas tree! 




For the next one I used an animal nativity stamp and coloured it using watercolours. I then stamped the sentiment and star directly onto the book page and added some kindy glitz to make it all sparkle. Isn’t the manger pretty?




For the last two I decided to paper piece some Prima dolls. I love the holly on Rita’s dress and because Nikki is so thin I added a Christmas tree to her postcard. I coloured their hair and skin using copic markers before adding glitter to them also. Nothing like a little sparkle! 



I learned something interesting when finishing these cards off. In order to protect them in the mail I coated them with a thin layer of Ranger’s Multi Matte Medium. But, when putting it over the kindy glitz it went all gluggy and didn’t look nice at all. I put another layer of kindy glitz on after the multi matte medium had dried, and this seemed to work much better. My advice would be to use any sealers before adding glitter! 

Hope you like these cards I’ve made. Merry Christmas! 

Sarah :)



 Thank you so much Sarah, these postcards are gorgeous! I especially love Rita in her holly dress!!

Aunty Vera :) 


2 comments:

  1. Sarah these are awesome
    I also love love the holly dress too
    Looks like u had lots of fun
    Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Sarah, what a great idea to dress them in Christmas paper!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...