Saturday, January 28, 2017

We Bling You This Important Update . . .

Hello Crafty Friends....... as promised we have one more project featuring our January Kit.
Today Lolly shows us how you can take just one element from the kit and add it to other projects for that extra bit of sparkle.

Ok Lolly...... Bling it on!!.......




Hello, lovelies!

I had a blast at a creative reuse center last night.  A creative reuse center only sells donated goods which can be made into arts and crafts projects.   How cool is that??    When I have unwanted craft supplies, I bling them to that store, too.  Our creative reuse center also offers classes in which we use goods that have been donated there.

So I went to a class about decorating a framed image; the frame, the mat, the papers, etc., were all donated to the store.   So THAT was a challenge!    I think I did a decent job with it, and it reminds me of many of our crafting goals for 2017:  use what you have on hand!

I did cheat, however, when I got home. . .  I wanted to bling something extra to the project and use some trim that came in our January Creative Team kit from Aunty Vera!  




That top edge seemed to need me to bling something special to the project, so I did.  This trim is amazing, and I wish you could see it in person.   It's available in Aunty Vera's shop HERE.

The package contains a generous yard of trim, which is good because this is already a favorite.  






Here's a closeup of the top edge.  I adhered it with E6000 glue, but hot glue would also work well with this trim.



I also tucked one piece of the trim into the bottom to bling some happiness down there, too.










Is that gorgeous, or what?   Reminds me of "something old, something new."    Combining the "what we have on hand" with something new to bling the two together in harmony.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out our creative projects for Aunty Vera.  You truly bling happiness to all our activities!

Blessings,
Lolly


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...