Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hello, I Love you - Amira's February Project #4

Wow Wow Wow! Naughty February has rushed along and is not giving us enough days to post all the LOVEliness from our Creative Team... so we have a treat for you, TWO projects today! One now.... one this evening - well evening for us Down Under, start of the last day of February for our Northern Hemisphere friends ;)

So this morning...... Amira plays with the Lawn Fawn 'Happy Mail' die and shows us how this weird looking flat thing becomes the cutest ever mail box!

Enjoy!....



Welcome back to Project #4 from the February Kit 
(this kit just keeps on giving and giving)

So this GORGOUES die is by Lawn Fawn!!!



I was so excited to get my hands on it!!

Did you see what Lolly did with it?
Check it out here

Did you see what Donna did with it?
Check that out here

My blog post today is not so much a project as it is a how to assemble post.
You can watch the video here if you are more of a visual person.

I did go through the motions of die-cutting everything out in the correct color card stock in the tutorial, but for this photo tutorial, I will just show you how i did it with plain white card stock and how you can color it to your heart's desire.

This is what the die looks like when you take it out of the package.


I decided to NOT snip off the little bits. I was sure I would lose them and I want to show you how it looks like if you do NOT snip them off. You can still make the post box work for you.



Here is what it looks like.



I used black soot to make it a black post box.


For the lever, I used fired brick.




For the stand, I used gathered twigs.

For the letter, I die cut 2 and just exchanged the 2 pieces so that the heart was a different color to the envelope. 


Once gain, you can choose to snip the heart or leave it attached.


For the inside of the post box, I decided to ink the exposed white with shaded lilac.



Now its time to assemble.
If you place the panel with the lever/smiley face towards the back of the post box, you can fold it down on itself and it will not be revealed in your project.


As long as your project will be taped onto something, the back will not be seen.


This is what it looks like when it is all taped down.



See you can't see the cut outs!

Now just add the red lever flag...


And it looks great!

Now just add an envelope...


So cute!!
Here they are, side by side, the postbox die-cut from coloured card stock on the right and the postbox die -cut from white card stock and then inked up on the left.


Did you notice I put an eyelet in this postbox so I can rotate that lever up and down??


I love how it turned out :)



Thank you so much for tuning in to this final project for the February Kit.
If you wanted to watch the video process, please find it here 

Happy crafting,
Amira

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...