Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hello, I Love You: Octopi Cards - Amira's February Project #2

Hello Crafty Friends!
Are you ready for more cuteness and love? Today Amira shares her gorgeous projects featuring the oh-so cute Lawn Fawn Octopi stamp and die set.
Enjoy!......





Welcome back to Project #2 for February's Kit.
I dub February the card making month!!
I grabbed these elements from the kit and decided to make yet more cards after that card making marathon with project #1


Card 1- You Octopi My Heart


This card's background was made using Ranger's Tim Holtz alcohol inks.


Oh the fun to be head dropping ink on this Ranger Specialty Paper


Each one is different 


Different colours ....


Give a different background


I stamped the Octopus out on different coloured patterned paper



And then cut them out using the co-ordinating die


I then arranged them in a cute cluster


Some are propped up with foam tape.


Love how this card turned out!


That bow tie has stolen my heart! 
He looks so posh!


Card 2 - Thank you


For this card, I looked through my smaller pads to find ocean themed pattern papers to go with my little octopus.




I added a sheet of vellum to tone down the strong background, and picked some elements from the extras in the back of the pad.


And for a little bit of added extra, I stamped the bubbles onto the bubble die-cut as well as stamping it straight on to the vellum.

The card still looks the same, but going that one extra mile really adds charm and character to your cards!



Card 3- Wishing you a perfect day

I adore this card!


I love the pink. It feels very soft and feminine.

I chose one of the patterned papers I showed earlier.
I also cut 2 slits in the vellum and popped the octopi through them so as to make it seem like they are popping out of the water to say hello.


Fussy cut paper shell and pretty sequins here and there!



Just perfect!


Card 4 - Live laugh love


This card came together very easily!
The bubble theme in the actual paper gave me the idea to turn this into a bubble card.


I added sequins to simulate bubbles.


And also stamped some bubbles out


So simple but certainly effective.


I filmed the making of these 4 cards here

PS I did turn the rest of those background that I made earlier into more cards.
Wanna see?
Here are those 4 ink backgrounds turned into cards :)













PS. You might recognise the glasses here as the washi from the Pebbles Washi Book


Thank you for joining me today
xxAmira

2 comments:

  1. Amira i so love these
    Cuteness at its best
    And i love the alco ink bsck grounds
    They just all look fabulous and so much fun
    Thsnkyou

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...