Thursday, March 16, 2017

All the Leaves Are Brown: Amira's March Project #2 - Mixed Media Prima Fairy Wishes

Hello Crafty Readers!

Join Amira today on a magical adventure through the Autumn Forest. We might even find a fairy!!!!
Enjoy!...



Dear Crafty Reader,

I'm back again with another project using the following supplies from the Aunty Vera March Kit.
You can find more information about the kit here.



The star of this project is the Fairy Wish Door!!


And yes, it really does open up so you can place something inside there.


This is by far my favourite item in the kit this month.

We start off this post about half way into this project because, well, to be honest, I was so excited about getting started I did not take any picture until this point.
Sorry!
You can however see the whole process in the video I did record.
The link for that is here

But in brief, I created a background with gelatos and water soluble crayons and blended them with gesso.  
I also stamped the background to give it more interest.

I then stamped my Prima Princess Stamp (minus some facial features) and rolled the twine into rose bunches in her hair.


I then added some black twine to simulate a black leather necklace and hung the fairy door like a locket.




I found this box of wooden flourished and decorated them with paint and perfect pearls to frame around my fairy princess.


I sprinkled seed beads and sequins around her and I placed leaves from my stash to make it look like they were coming out from her locket.



I added seed beads and more sequins and glitter leaves to her hair.
I love how they give her an ethereal fairy look.




The background is layer upon layer of stamping, inking, dripping and stenciling.
I adore how rich it looks.

And the colors are earthy with a pop of gold from the glimmer paste and iridescent green in other places.





 For my fairy's face, I didn't want her to be recognised as the Prima Princess I used in my January mixed media project so I removed her face and mouth and decided instead to give her rosy cheeks and placed a purple butterfly over her mouth. I wanted anyone to be able to associate with her and to give her their own version of what a fairy princess should look like. 
Less is more here.


This is what she looked like before I added the butterfly.
I believe the butterfly mouth gives her more of an exotic fairy feel.





The sentiment is one of the cut apart cards from the paper collection by Pebbles.
I tore it into 3 sections, inked the edges and strategically spattered it with Heidi Swaps gold shine. 

This is my entire piece.


I adore this mixed media fairy with her fairy wish door locket.
She is grateful for all that she has and so am I.
You can watch the whole process from start to finish here.

Thank you so much for joining me.
I hope you have found inspiration here.
xx AmiraInOz















1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW, lots of love went into this project Amira, brilliant x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...