Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Week of Easter Craft on the Bunny Trail: Lolly's Memory Dex Box Construction

Hello Crafty Friends!

Did you just love Lolly's Easter Rolodex Cards earlier this week?
And did you say to yourself "but where are you going to put them Lolly?
Well Lolly made a box of course!!
Enjoy..!......


I'm "springing" into action with this kit.  In project #1, I made a set of Memory Dex cards, and now I'm constructing my own box for them.  This box is sitting on my desk, and every time it catches my eye,  I think how perky and uplifting those colors are!

I cut chipboard in these sizes and painted them (all measurements are in inches):
One base  4 1/2 X 6
Two long sides:  1 5/8 X 6 1/8
Two short sides:  1 5/8 X 4 1/2
Two runner guides:   1 x 2




Then I cut paper hinges:
Two at 1 1/2 X 6
Two at 1 1/2 X 4 1/2
Four at 1 1/2 X 1 5/8




I attached all the sides of the chipboard with double sided tape and Glossy Accents, then I used papers to cover each of the four sides ( two at  4 1/2 x 2 1/4, two at 6 x 2 1/4).




Once done, I used a border strip from the paper collection to go all the way around the box, and it really made this project come alive!  I also added that GORGEOUS polka dot paper on the inside bottom.  Note -- the inside of the sides remain painted with no paper.





I painted some large wooden beads to glue on as feet on the box, and they are so cute and stubby!



The runners are 1/4 inch wide dowel rods which I sanded and attached using the 1 x 2" runner guides.



Then some Kit Love to the front of the box, stuffing my cards inside, and it's DONE!  I am totally in love!



For the full detailed tutorial, please check out my video HERE.
and be SURE to check out this awesome, awesome April Kit.

Thanks for "hopping" by!
Lolly


http://www.lollypalooza.net

2 comments:

  1. Very awesome Lolly. I have made these previously and I love them. One holds my ATCs and one holds my paperclips 💕💕 XxA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lolly, I might have a go at making this one. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...