Thursday, April 27, 2017

On the Bunny Trail: The Chick, The Bunny and The Lamb: 7 Simple Cards from Amira

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's been such a fun month playing with our April kit. Today Amira shares 7 gorgeous cards showcasing Echo Park's super cute Celebrate Easter collection......



Dear Crafters,

Another day, another Ferrero :)

Grab your coffee, I have a few cards I would like to share with you today.


I was SUPER INSPIRED by this cut- apart sheet in the April Kit and I knew straight away that I wanted to make cards with these cute characters!
The chick...
The Easter bunny...
That adorable lamb!!!



Card #1- Easter Chick

Seriously! These cards were SUPER EASY to put together. The whole paper pack in this collection is SO complimentary that this card practically came together on its own!
Firstly, I used the blue script as the main background.



Then, I used the chick paper as the second layer and to that, I added the Easter chick cut apart. And since you know me so well, you know that I love to name things I form an attachment to.
The Chick's name is Ruffles.


Now for the embellishing!

I added leaf ribbon on the left hand side.
A Prima flower on the top right hand corner.
And a border of the plaid paper to cover the sharp corners at the bottom of the card.
And here is the final card...



Card #2- The Easter Bunny 

I love the plaid paper in this collection. I used it here in the top half of the card.
I then took the strip that reads 'The Easter Bunny' from the Echo Park Paper  "Border Strip" and separated the words so that they read down the front of the card.






I then used that GORGEOUS bunny sticker by DoodleBugs and added him to the front because in my heart of hearts, this little guy IS the Easter Bunny.
Lovingly dubbed Mr HunBun!



Card 3- Happy

This 4x6 journaling card provided such a GREAT backdrop for the next card.



I simply stamped out the bunnies from the stamp set onto some white card stock (one of the eggs is stamped on the glossy 'Jelly Beans' 12x12 sheet).
I then fussy cut out them out along with an egg from the amazing 'Coloured Eggs' 12 x 12 sheet and I made it look like the bunnies were holding the eggs up in the air.

Next, I added 'happy' from the embellishment pack and it just seemed so joyful in this scene of bunnies holding eggs up in the air as if they had found their treasures in the hunt.

Finally, as the cherry on top, I added drops of Nuvo to the empty spots in the egg.
Allow to dry overnight! 
Believe me!

And here is the completed card.

Adding a few extra elements really adds character to a card don't you think?

Just take a moment to compare the 2 pics side by side.



Now you know why I always have to add "just one more".


 Card 4- Some bunny loves you.

This card started with the carrot washi tape! The card base is a beautiful shade of dark green and I simply layered the spotty green paper and the carrot paper to achieve this beautiful layout.


Next, I added one of the 2x3 journaling cards with the large carrot.


I then added more of those HILARIOUS bunnies and added the embellishment that says "some bunny loves you". These guys make me giggle every time I see them!
They are like those penguins in Madagascar!



Card 5: Follow the Bunny

This card combines bunny from both the journaling cards AND the ephemera pack and it is all layered in front of that lovely plaid pattern.



I stamped the egg from the stamps onto different papers from the collection ...



I then added the red leaf ribbon underneath it all as a hint of color, and then I added some grass using my Fiskars grass punch (out of green card stock) as well as a cute bunny which I fussy cut from the Easter Celebration 12x12 sheet.


Card 6: I love flowers

The base of this card front ('funny bunny') is one of my favourites because it goes SO well with so many elements in this kit. These 2 elements form the ephemera pack just happened to fall out together like they wanted to be on a card together, so I went with it.


I brought in this adorable element because all bunnies love flowers!
Just ask my mom!
She has a lop eared bunny that eats ALL her flowers when she lets him out for a run in her garden.


Lastly,  I added some pink tulle and tied it like a bow and then topped those flowers with a few of the Prima flowers and this card is done!




Card 7: You're sweeter than jelly beans

I did the same thing as I did with the chick card to this card. I picked the paper that went with the cut-apart sheet, in this case, the cute little lambs in the background just make that big lamb all the more cuter! I then cut apart the 2x3 journaling card so that it became the sentiment for the card.



I then added some of the butterflies as more accents.
This is Lulu the lamb- she's a cutie pie!


Now just to prove to you how EASY it was to put these cards together, I just wanted to show you some variations that COULD have been. Look how interchangeable these papers are.












They can make for some GREAT non-Easter cards.

So here is my collection of cards.
These seriously didn't take me very long at all to make.
When you have such a great co-ordinating collection, making cards like these is such a joy.






Thank you for stopping by.
xxAmira






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...