Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Let Them Eat Cake: Amira's Faux Wood Backgrounds


Hello Crafty Friends!

It's cake and cup of tea time!
Today Amira shows us how to create faux wood backgrounds. And then makes the most adorable and scrumptious ATCs.
Enjoy!!.....



Dear Crafters,

I was very inspired by the wood pattern paper collection High Tea by Kaisercraft. I LOVE wood grain and the look of wood- painting on wood, wood fences .... you get the idea.






So, I decided to make faux wood panels.

Out of white paper.
This is thick paper.
400gsm.


You can choose whatever size you like.
4.5" x 5.5" - is a card front size
2.5" x 3.5" - is an ATC size.

The choice is yours.

Next, you will have to score your card every 0.5".






Next, flip over your scored card so that the scored lines are raised.

Next, grab some ink.
Here I used the Hero Arts Ink Cubes 'Creatively Kelly' from the May Kit.
Very lightly, brush the ink pad along the raised lines you scored earlier.


I did this with each of the colors from the ink cube set.
This one is an olive green color.


This next one is a lovely dark brown color.


Next one is a light blue color.


Last of all, the pastel pink (oddly, these ink cubes do not have a designated color)


Next, grab a second color of ink and once again, very lightly brush the raised ink pad to add more color to your faux wood piece.

On the panel originally 'treated' with the olive brown color, I used the brown ink pad and inked the edges on either side.



In this next ATC, the scored lines were treated with the brown color.
Here I added both blue and pink ink to the ATC to give it a multicoloured appearance.


In this next one, the scored lines were inked with blue.
The secondary color I used here was brown.


In this next one, the scored lines were inked with pink first.
The secondary color I used here was brown.



Here they all are together. They each have a different feeling to them and are different in their own way.



 I then went on to decorate these ATC's so as to show off the faux wood backgrounds I created. 


ATC #1-  Sweet Treats


ATC #2- Afternoon Tea

ATC #3- From Me


ATC #4- Tea Time
And here they all are together. 
I tried to add elements that enhanced the color of the scored lines in each ATC. 
I love them so much!!


This is just one method of creating a faux wood background.
You can watch my video tutorial HERE

There are other ways of making faux wood backgrounds and they include paint and glue!!
Here are 2 more tutorials I made that I would like to share with you.


Thank you so much for stopping by.
xxAmira

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, this is a marvelous technique, and one I will be trying very soon. I will make a pocket letter I think. Thanks for this Amira. Love all the colours you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I love this photo of you, you have a wonderful smile.x

      Delete
  2. Love Love this Amira, I have done this myself in the past, so was wonderful that you reminded me of this technique. I must say these 4 ATC's are gorgeous Amira. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amira, what a super technique, you have certainly perfected the timber look. You make it look so easy, I am sure I would not achieve the same affect lol! I have to say I am loving this collection of paper, so beautiful and you have certainly done it justice, love all your projects using this collection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...