Thursday, May 25, 2017

Let Them Eat Cake: Suzanne's Altered Gift Bags

Hello Crafty Friends

Our Let Them Eat Cake theme continues but.......... I think we need something to put all our cakes and biscuits in.
Queue Suzanne and her gorgeous altered gift bags!



Hi everyone.  Today I'm going to be showing you my third design team project using the May kit from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft and I have to say what an absolute pleasure it was to use this kit.  The beautiful Kaisercraft High Tea collection was definitely enhanced by Vera's choices of embellishments and die.

Do you ever get left with a stack of different sized pieces of paper from a collection and are not sure what to do with them.  You can't just toss them out,  (if you're like me and can't throw out pretty paper no matter how tiny) and you can't just keep filling up the scrap drawer.  Today I'm going to share with you what I like to do. 

My Altered Gift Bags

I purchased a 4 pack of small, white gift bags from a local discount store.  They measure about 12 x 14cm.  Follow along as I show you how I alter these gift bags.

small gift bags 12 x 14cm
I first gathered up all the bits and pieces of the papers and the embellishments that were left over after finalising the first two projects.

The leftover paper and embellishments

some of the embellishments that I had left over

I then chose the paper that I wanted to use to cover the front of the bags.  I decided to use two layers of paper for each bag because I had quite a few offcuts to choose from.

For this bag I decided I would add some lace
I layered the green paper on top of the white paper before adding some lace from my stash.  I also used a corner die cut to embellish the corner of this bag.  I inked all the edges of the papers before adding them to the bag.

For this bag a used part of a doily die cut
For the next bag, again I layered the green paper on top of the white paper before adding part of a doily die cut to embellish this bag.  I didn't want to hide any of that beautiful paper.

For this bag I used the doodlebug pop (coffee cup) and some washi tape from the kit
For this bag I decided to use some washi tape to frame the coffee cup

Framing the paper with the washi tape
I used the washi tape to frame the paper before adding the coffee cup which I popped up on foam tape to give it more dimension. I did the same with the coffee beans.
Coffee cup popped up on foam tape
I added a 'Bliss' stamp up the top of the page before placing the coffee cup and beans.
I also made little tags for each bag from some of the smaller pieces of paper and some small embellishments.



The small tags I made for each bag
Here are the finished bags.  I hope you like them.



The finished bags

Thanks for taking a look. 

You can find a video showing how I altered these bags HERE.

You can purchase the kit HERE.

Suzanne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...