Monday, May 8, 2017

NSD 2017 - Team Aunty Vera's Pocket Page Sketch Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends!

Welcome to our 4th and final challenge for National Scrapbook Day 2017 - Love the Journey.

Today is my turn! EEK!!
Well, I'm a scrapbooker....... or at least I USED to be. But actually, with all the other things keeping me busy in Aunty Vera Land I have become way behind in my memory keeping. And by way behind I mean WAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! Like YEARS! DECADES!! lol

So...... inspired by our Guest Designer Sarah from Snapshots & Scribbles, I have given myself a kick up the proverbial and am getting right into pocket-page scrapbooking (I won't say Project Life as even though I use a lot of PL cards, I don't use them exclusively)

So today's challenge is a Pocket Page Scrapbooking Sketch Challenge!

But first - the prize.......


Webster's Pages 'Color Crush' kit. Super cool and great for your pocket pages OR your planners :)

So here's the challenge.......

Start with this sketch.....


And make it yours!
Tell your story..... love the journey!

I thought I would make a page of my son getting his P Licence and buying his first car.

Here is the start of the page..... with just photos and basic backgrounds......


The 'Ps' paper is from an old Mijemoo Designs collection -  'Driving'.
And the cards are from Kaisercraft's 'A Is For Adventure' Captured Moments
Hexagons with a big thank you to Jo who sent me a boxful of hexagon die-cuts last year :)

Then you get to play with the individual cards.....

I used a Kaisercraft quote (from the Time Machine collection) as the title, with a Kaisercraft Sketch Circle die-cut in the background and a bit of dimension from one of those Ps cut out and mounted with foam dots.........


Washi tape, Kaisercraft collectables shape, Tim Holtz Sprocket Gear and stickers from my stash.... and this card's ready for journaling....


More washi tape and another Sprocket Gear.... and a cute little stop sign brad I found in my stash.....


A few bits n pieces to break up all those Ps.......


Loving the journey.......


And here's the finished page.....


And without the plastic sheet for a better look.....

So... to join Aunty Vera's challenge.... simply use the sketch as inspiration to create a pocket page .
And be sure to check out Amira's, Lolly's and Suzanne's challenges.
You have all month so why not try them all?
And GO Team Vera!! (lol)

Ok, the fine print......

To join Aunty Vera's Challenge you must create a pocket page based on the above sketch.

All entries in my challenge go into the draw to win the Webster's Pages prize, and all entries from all 4 challenges go into the mega draw for the G45 Fiona Gibson Memorial Prize

To enter the challenge you can:
     * Post it directly to the AVSC facebook page where I have created a dedicated album HERE.
     * Post it to the album in the Crafty Vera and Friends facebook group HERE
     * Email it to info@auntyverascrapandcraft.com.au with NSD Team Vera in the subject line

All entries must be received by midnight 31st May (Australia Eastern Standard Time).... that's May 30th for our USA friends
Winners will be announced the first week of June.

Good luck, have fun and love the journey!

xx Aunty Vera xx



1 comment:

  1. Go team vera!! Glad to see you getting back to your scrapbooking xxA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...