Tuesday, July 11, 2017

For the LOLs - Amira's Emoji Love Envelope Album

Hello Crafty Friends!

Are you ready for more emoji fun?
Grab all your spare envelopes.... today Amira uses our July Kit to create a super Envelope Album - complete with memory card inserts. I love it!!





Dear Crafters,

I have a LOT of plain white envelopes that I seem to have accumulated, so for this project, I decided to make an easy and fast envelope mini album. There are SO MANY ways to make an envelope mini album, this is easiest way I could come up with.


I started off with a simple envelope measuring :
4 3/8 " X 5 3/4"


Apply double sided tape in the formation shown below


Join the 2 envelopes in this manner making sure you don't stick too close to the fold line.


I continued until I had 6 envelopes attached to one another.
For the last envelope,  I stuck down the flap as normal.


The next part is the fun part!!
Choose your papers and the sequence you want to display them in your mini album.
You can choose to make your papers the same size as the envelopes and cover them completely or just a little bit smaller so that you have a border around the edges.


I always knew I wanted this paper as the front of my album.


The order I chose was the following:


Notice how I made a notch in the centre of each paper with a 1" circle punch.
I will be adding cards inside each envelope a little later on.

 (THAT UNICORN!!! Be still my heart!)


I even added the 3"x 4" cut aparts as interactive elements by creating hinges so you could flip them over to get different emojis.


I also ADORE Aunty Vera's chevron washi!!
The colors are FAB!


This is the last page in my album.




And this is the back of my mini album.



Next, I made cards out of kraft card stock.
The size is 5.5" x 8" scored @ 4" and folded in half.


These cards each them got a theme from the Vertical Elements paper (which I cut just 1/8th" smaller than the card front so I could have a border around)


I then decorated the inside of the card with more cut aparts, added appropriate pictures to match and did some journaling.


Next I made a fast food themed card...


And found a typical picture of my son feasting on junk food.


This next card is so APT in our lives right now.
My boys LOVE wifi!


I got my son to journal in the right hand side and tell me all the things wifi bring to his life.


This next card is close to my heart.


I adore these pics (ALL THE HEARTS EYES EMOJI INDEED)


The expression on the cats face! Seriously LOL!!

Finally, this card is also one of my favourites.


I added this cheerful photo of my boys having a good laugh on the couch.
They are my happy!!



Next, I wanted to have a play with that Emoji Die by Spellbinders.
I die-cut them out of white card stock.



And coloured them in with alcohol markers.


Then I added all the fiddly bits!
I must warn you, it was not as enjoyable as fussy cutting but the results do speak for themselves. Look how good these look completed!

I even added some Nuvo clear crystal drops to add some dimension and texture to the hearts and glasses.


And here they are on the front of my mini album.

Don't they look great!!
And that clip!!!




You can watch the video I recorded HERE
Thank you so much for checking out my project.

Keep LOL'ing.
xxAmira

1 comment:

  1. Love this, and will have a go at making one, so will add it to my ever growing list. Love seeing your gorgeous boys. Great stuff Amira.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...