Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Sea You in the Craftroom: Lolly's Glitter Glass Play Time

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's time for some shimmering glimmering fun as Lolly plays with the Ice Resin Glitter Shards from our September Kit......



Well, if you know me, you know I like shiny things.  I like jewels, sequins, glitter, and glittery snow! I was super excited to receive this glitter glass in the September kit from Aunty Vera!


Typically, this product is to be used with Ice Resin, a two-part epoxy resin.  I do own Ice Resin, but I decide to try something else this time -- Diamond Glaze.


It does not require the mixing, the waiting, etc., so it's easier to use.


I gathered a flat back paper clip, a flat bottle cap, and the glass glitter, then I poured enough Diamond Glaze into the bottle cap to coat the bottom.


Then I liberally sprinkled the glass glitter over the Diamond Glaze.


I gently tapped the glitter down into the bottle cap -- I didn't want to break any of the glass.  I also brushed away any glitter from the metal edges, where I didn't want adhesion.  After about 12 hours, I turned the cap upside down and gently tapped on the back to release any loose glass glitter.  I made sure to collect the glitter on paper and put it back in the jar!   Next, I glued the bottle cap onto the paper clip with E6000.


This was my paper clip contribution to our Paper Clip Art Facebook group's monthly challenge.   It is gorgeous with intense sparkle!

I also used that same technique to add the glass glitter to a blank jewelry pendant.


And then I grabbed a clearance frame from my stash, put paper in it from the kit, used Diamond Glaze over the bottom section of the glass, and sprinkled the glass glitter on again.  I propped the frame up at an angle for drying, so that the glaze wouldn't migrate up the glass -- I wanted those beautiful crystals to stay at the bottom!


Afterward, I added a sentiment from the kit and a sticker of waves from my stash.


This glitter glass is so gorgeous; it jazzes up any project.  I may have to invest in other colors!

Stop by and "sea" if Vera still has some (there might be a mad rush to snatch these up!), or better yet, get the whole kit!  You can find it HERE.

I also have a video for this project, which you can "sea" HERE.    https://youtu.be/cWb84uOv1wI

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope to "sea" you again soon!

~Lolly
http://www.lollypalooza.net

The paper clip group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/paperclipart

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness. What wonderful ideas Lolly. Love the 'glass' and colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolly, I think you are a mermaid LOL..you have a treasure trove of "thing-a-ma-bobs" and you LOVE shiny things....keep on rocking it xxA

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project, Lolly! Can't wait to see what you have next time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...