Friday, September 15, 2017

Sea You In the Craftroom - Lolly's Twist & Pop Cards

Hello Crafty Friends!

As we go swimming into the weekend, Lolly has a fun project for us. Set yourself aside some weekend craft time..... and have fun creating Twist & Pop cards!


For this project, I wanted to use the papers in the kit that had busier patterns on them, and I decided to make Twist & Pop cards.  Twist & Pops have been around for a long, long time, so it's difficult to say where the original pattern originated.  I happened to see the tutorial on the May May Made it YouTube channel, and I made one card using her dimensions.  Then I decided to tweak those dimensions and make an altered version.  I was happy with the new dimensions, so I made a video tutorial on it (link at the bottom).

 A Twist & Pop card measures 4.25 X 5.5" on the front.  I love this paper.  The black background is the perfect canvas for the bright fish, shells, and starfish design.


and when opened up, the inside twists and pops out sideways like this:


The reason I wanted to alter the design is that the expansion mechanism sticks out more than I like.  In my own version, it's more recessed behind the cover.  Photos don't catch the difference, but the video does.

Card #2 is one of the three cards I made using the new dimensions:



Card #3 might be my favorite -- can you look at those crabs and not break out in a big grin?


and on the inside:


The cure for crabbiness is some "vitamin sea" -- right?

And for the last card, I pulled out my Copic markers and a sailboat stamp from my stash:


I thought the image would be super with the waves paper!   And for the inside:


These cards already have a designated home.   I love creating for others -- it gives a sense of purpose and direction.   

These papers are fun, and I think you'll agree.  Be sure to snatch up a kit right away HERE.

And for the tutorial on how to make these, with my new dimensions, check it out HERE.

SEA you later,
Lolly
http://www.LollyPalooza.net

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...