Monday, October 16, 2017

Trick or Treat - Lolly's Halloween Baskets

Hello Crafty Friends!
When you're a crafter it's important to display your Trick or Treat candy in something pretty and crafty. Like Lolly's super cute Halloween Baskets!!


Awhile ago, I was inspired by Suzanne using paper baskets for her bears to go on a picnic.  I wanted to make treat baskets with the elements in this month's kit, so I used a pattern similar to hers to make up three sizes and two styles of baskets.

You can see Suzanne's bear basket HERE.

My small basket is from a six inch square of card stock, scored at 2 and 4 inches on one side and on the other, 1, 2, 4, and 5.  I used a green card stock and edged it with the crow washi from the kit.  The enamel black cat pin is the perfect addition to add where the paper handle joins the basket.


The medium one is from a nine inch square of card stock, scored at 3 and 6 inches on one side and on the other, 1.5, 3, 6, and 7.5 inches.  I made a solid brown one and added the enamel pumpkin pin.  Those pins are the best for decorating these baskets!  I happen to be wearing the ghost pin (ssshhhh!  It's not going on any paper crafts!).


I also made a black and white medium one with the "bones" paper from the kit, and for the embellishment I cut out a black cat from one of the papers.


The large basket is from a twelve inch square of card stock, scored at 4 and 8 inches on one side, and on the other side scored at 2, 4, 8, and 10 inches.  This one is made from papers in my stash with a paper border trimmed with decorative scissors. 


I also made a spider with that wonderful fiber trim in the kit.  Mr. Spider is made from a 1.5 inch circle of card stock for his body, and a one inch card stock circle for his head.  I glued the heads to the bodies then embossed with a busy background stamp of a sponge texture, using black glitter embossing powder.  The eyes are small punches of orange card stock.  Next, I glued the fuzzy legs and his web onto one spider and glued another spider image to the back so that he's double-sided.



He's a perfect embellishment for cards, wall hangings, banners, and of course baskets!

My last basket is another medium one (nine inch square card stock) but a different design.  For this one, I scored at 3 and 6 on one side, and on the other I scored at 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8.   I added a spider from the die-cut collection, and the crow washi on the handle. 


You can compare the sizes of the baskets here:


I didn't take process photos, but you can see the entire video tutorial HERE.


These are looking SUPER cute filled with candy for the holiday!  I'm off to the store to purchase enough candy for the rest of the baskets.  :)
No tricks here -- just plenty of treats!
~Lolly

http://www.LollyPalooza.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...