Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Hippity Hoppity - Sarah's Easter Tags

Hello Crafty Friends!

I always think that Easter is a great time for tags..... you can hang them from baskets, attach them to Easter Eggs.... even add them to your crafty gifts for that special 'made with love' sentiment.
Today Sarah creates a set of hoppingly cute tags from our Hippity Hoppity Kit.....



Hi everyone! I'm excited to share my first project for the month using the March kit. With Easter right around the corner, and my compete inability to make cards, I thought I would make some simple Easter tags. 

To start with I pulled out some die cuts from the Echo Park Hello Easter Ephemera die cuts pack. I didn't end up using all of these, but choosing a few different sentiments to play with, along with some embellishments, gave me a starting point for what size I wanted my tags. 




Next I cut some tag bases from the Hello Easter 12x12" papers. I love the 2 tone colours on this paper, highlighting the check and bunny prints. I cut 3 tags of different sizes so that they're all a little different.




To start work on my first tag I inked around the edges with the blue ink in the Hero Arts Clearly Kelly Outdoor Dye Ink Set. The colours work so well with the paper collection and helps to accent the edge of the tag. I then played with some layers of die cuts behind this sentiment. Although these pieces were meant to be used as part of a bunting set, I like being able to change the use of pieces like these to fit with your project.




For the bottom of this tag I used some of the green baker's twine from the We R Memory Keepers Tertiary set. I wrapped 2 pieces around the tag and stuck them to the back. I then added this cute little Eyelet Outlet Bunny Brad. The 'Hello Easter' sentiment at the bottom was actually from the part of the paper you're meant to cut off - but doesn't it work well on the bottom of this tag?




I ended up inking the edges of my first sentiment and making it pop up on some foam tape to add some dimension.




Finally, I used some of the green baker's twine again to loop through the hole at the top and my first tag was done!




For my next tag I decided to stamp out the chick, egg and sentiment from the Neat & Tangled Eggstra Special stamp set. Aren't they cute?




To colour them in I used the Hero Arts ink set to paint in watercolour. By pressing the ink directly onto a slick surface (I used some old plastic packaging), and then wetting the surface either with a spray bottle or by dripping water from an aqua pen onto the inks, you can use the inks as a type of watercolour. Dye inks have such amazing uses, and I love being able to use them in ways that aren't just stamping. Just make sure you use a waterproof ink for the black stamping with this technique.




After colouring my chick and egg I used a scallop die to cut out the sentiment before inking around it in the orange tone ink. You can see that applying it to the page directly makes it darker than painting with it like in the photo above. I used foam tape again to make the sentiment pop off the page. 




I fussy cut the bird and egg and inked around them in contrasting colours so that the white wasn't so harsh on the background. I also added the glasses on the chick - I love that you can decorate with the glasses or bow to add some character! I then used the Easter Grass washi tape on the bottom so that the chick and egg are nestled in the grass. 




Once again I added some baker's twine to the top, this time in both blue and green, and my second tag was done.




I decided to use a square base for my final tag for something different. Inking around the edge with the pink tone ink, I started with a strip of Little Bunnies Washi Tape on the bottom.




Making this card super girly, I layered various pink die cuts under this square sentiment. Once again, I inked around the edges heavily but also inked over the layers lightly so that they stood out from the background.




Although I loved the pink, I thought it needed a pop of colour, so I added three strips of twine to the right hand side in the different colours.




Going all out, I used the same three colours at the top of the tag to finish it off.




And here's my three tags together:




This collection is super cute, and although these tags are simple I think they'll make great little Easter 'cards'. You could even tie them to Donna's Milk Chocolate Cartons with a note on the back for your loved ones. What a lovely gift!

I hope you've been inspired to do some Easter Crafting. Bye for now!

Sarah xx

............................. 

Find me on Youtube HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE or search for me @snapshotscribbles

............................. 

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE
March Kit is available for $57.45 which is a saving of 20% on buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.00 anywhere in Aus. 
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:

 ................................


SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. These are cute Sarah. The little chickie man has won my heart xxA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags Sarah and fun shapes too, never thought of making the big tag like that, thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chick. He is so so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah these are such fun tags! Gotta love Easter stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...