Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Color Burst techniques with Suzanne - ombre effect

Hello Crafty Friends
A fun tutorial from Suzanne today on creating an ombre effect using your Ken Oliver Color Burst. make a few of these tags in between your NSD Challenge projects..... or show us how clever you are and use this technique in your challenges!



Hello everyone.  I hope you have all been having fun with the awesome challenges that the Creative Team have set for everyone this month.  You still have some time to complete some of the projects, so make sure and give them a go.

My little album was very simple and I really didn't use too many techniques so I had a play around with the color burst from Ken Oliver.  This product is such fun to play with (if a bit messy) and it is very versatile which makes it exceptional value for money.

I used some mixed media paper for this tag and some acrylic paint to create an ombre effect on the tag.  I used some orange paint and just added different amounts of white paint to each pan to create a different shade of orange.


I used the Ken Oliver Color Burst (Rouge) and the TCW Stencil (Botanical Dream) to do some Ombre Stenciling on the orange Ombre tag


I mixed the Color burst with my texture paste.  You only need a little and be careful where it goes as it flies away very easily.


This is my lighter shade


I then added more rouge color burst after I had done part of the stenciling to achieve a darker shade


Here you can see the darker pink texture paste at the top and the lighter paste at the bottom


I then used the Gorgeous Stamping Bella (Callista loves to craft) stamp on some mixed media paper and coloured her with my Prisma colour pencils.  I then added some of my handmade flowers and the love sentiment


On the other side of the tag I used some rouge color burst in white paint to create an Ombre effect


Here you can see the different shades that I made for my tag


I used a pouncer to apply the paint as it makes it very easy to blend the colours with one of these


I applied a couple of coats of paint


I the used a 3 x 4 cut-a-part from the Echo Park paper (I'd rather be crafting) to finish off my tag.


Thank you for taking a look at my tag.  I hope you enjoyed it. 

See you next time.

Suzanne xoxo


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...